Tuesday, October 05, 2004

the morning's playlist...

right now, I'm listening to this unofficial Joan of Arcadia 1st season
soundtrack that someone compiled and released on bittorrent. It's
actually a pretty decent collection, Damien Rice, Fountain's of Wayne,
Howie Day, Chantal Kreviazuk... just pretty mellow stuff for the most
part, which fits the gray day outside today. One of the things I
haven't gotten used to here in Colorado are the days where the clouds
are so low that the delineation between fog and clouds is lost. Today
on my way to work, the air force academy was completely obscured by
clouds that had descended. You could see the road from the bottom of
the valley driving up into the cloud with the mountains peeking out
above. Kind of pretty, but surreal at the same time.

I could come up with some grand life statement about the clouds
obscuring the current, but not obscuring the past and our dreams of
the future, but no... i'll just say that clouds are intriguing, and
they get in the way. Some fridays, I meet my friends Dave and Cam for
breakfast at this great little restaraunt in Colorado Springs called
the Omelette Parlor. Between 6 and 7 all their omelettes are half off,
so in the interest of being cheap, we show up at the crack of dawn to
wolf down giant plates of omelettey goodness. But the reason I mention
this at all is that sometimes, driving down to Colorado Springs proper
at 5:45, you can see the sun rising on the valley that we live above
between us and the air force academy, and you can see that clouds have
obscured all of it, giving the allusion that you're floating above the
clouds. It's nice.

Anyway, back to work. I've got too much to accomplish today.

Deus Te Amat, and I do too

No comments: