Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The strange dream of the morning...

this morning, just before waking up I was suddenly dreaming about a
half ironman race. Apparently, my friend Russ and I were running late
to the race entry area and there was only 2:30 before the race
started. I had a backpack that was stuffed with my wetsuit and for
some reason cycling clothes and when I went to grab my wetsuit to find
it before the race I didn't know if it was actually in the backpack
because the bag was too lite. As I'm pulling out my cycling clothes
I'm discovering that they're absolutely sopping wet (maybe because my
shoes were still soaked from Sunday's ride when I left for the ride to
church yesterday night)

I woke up as the clock got ready to buzz. But I remember that as we
were walking towards the race area, I was chastising Russ for not
having adequately trained and not being ready for the 112 mile bike
ride (which I said even though I knew it was a half in my head).
Apparently the furthest he had gone was 20 miles, but he was
stretching and bouncing around getting ready to race.

It probably didn't mean anything, but it sure was strange. I VERY
rarely dream about triathlon so it stuck in my head a little bit.
Anyway, off to work. I've got a big print job to run and then at 11 we
have an inservice that's scheduled for the rest of the day. How
exciting (not).

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wow - how odd. Are you stressing about training at all? Sometimes in dreams we have other characters whom we displace our feelings upon so that we can react to them.

Everything OK?