Sunday, June 12, 2005

Canon City Rockers!


worldslargestrocker, originally uploaded by bthemn.

Friday as I was throwing together a little mix disc for the drive down to the century ride yesterday morning, I scrawled "Canon City Rockers" in sharpie on the top of the disc. I had no idea how true that statement was as we headed west and discovered the obelisk like sitting implement dawning on the horizon.

Every state has to have the "World's Largest" something. Until yesterday, I didn't know that Colorado's was the rocking chair. We passed it on the way to the ride, but made a promise that we'd stop on the way back.

I realized that I have an obligation to continue the series of weird giant objects started with the concrete snowman of North Saint Paul.

I'm sorting through the rest of the few photos I took and they, along with some other stuff will be posted soon.

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Reminds me of some town in NC - Hickory, maybe? that has a big chair in the middle of town, in honor of their local furniture industry (I guess). Kind of strange, to me.