Thursday, March 09, 2006

a proposal... (and not even an indecent one)

this morning while I was driving back from my weekly breakfast, I took
a side route that I drive every once in a while that takes me up and
around the foothills on the north side of the city. I've driven it
quite a few times, but I've never ridden it and every so often I think
about riding it.

While thinking about riding it, I came upon an interesting idea. To
the best of my knowledge Mr. Bolder in Boulder has never actually been
to the Springs. And I, for whatever reason, have never made it up to
Boulder. So here's my proposal... I propose two epic training rides.
One in Boulder and one in Colorado Springs that rides the most
difficult sections of road. Bolder (and crew?) come down here for a
ride and then I'll come up with my crew for a ride... A little give
and take if you may.

On the Colorado Springs side, we'll start on the Northside where I
live and work our way down to Garden of the Gods. We'll climb through
the Garden to Old Colorado City and then work our way up Gold Camp
Road, we'll then continue on Gold Camp and wind around to the Cheyenne
Mountain descent. From there we'll ride back around through downtown
and back up to Centennial Boulevard where we'll ascend up and around
to Woodmen. All said, it should be at least 5000' worth of climbing
hopefully.

I don't have a suggestion for when this ride should take place, but I
definitely think it does need to happen.

I don't know what kind of a route Bolder would put togeher but I can't
imagine that he can come up with something nearly as butt-kicking (and
I can make it even more butt-kicking if I need to)(I think that's a
challenge)

4 comments:

Comm's said...

the guantlet has been been thrown. Interesting.

:) said...

Damn the fact that I live in TEXAS!!!

Nancy Toby said...

Now that sounds fun!!

Bolder said...

are you kidding me?

are you FREAKIN' kidding me!

i haven't been to the Springs yet... but, i've seen pics of the Garden of the Gods -- that would be worth the trip alone.

you're on. you are sooooo on.

we'll start workin' the details... unless of course you don't want to be a Springs pussy and just want to join me and Carrie for the Triple.

p.s. 'course, you've already done the Triple, so I can't really call you a Springs pussy now can I?

p.p.s. 'course, you've already done freakin' Ironman, so I can't really call you a Springs pussy can I?