Monday, July 15, 2002

June 21, 2002

I'm hyper and feel like I need to go do something physical RIGHT THIS INSTANT. Today is supposed to be a biking day, but we're in the middle of a deluge outside. I swear it's a Monsoon... we've already got a couple inches.

I had to run by one of the bike shops I visit every so often and the shop owner almost crapped himself when I told him I was doing a 500 mile route. I think it's long, but I'm just not that scared of it. maybe I should be. They're calling for rain at the start of the double century tomorrow. It's going to be just THAT MUCH less appealing to be at the school around 4:30 in the morning in the pouring rain. Blech. I'm going to steal my moms digital camera tomorrow because it's smaller than mine, so hopefully when I get back I'll be able to post some pictures. My aim is to do the ride in under 14 hours of riding. Actually, I'd REALLY like to do it in 13 hours, but we'll see. I'm still not sure how much extra performance I'm going to get out of my new bike and aerobars.

Tried the Accelerade I purchased yesterday. it's more palatable than Endurox, but it could take some getting used to the creamy texture. After I get off work today I'm going to go eat a big dinner and hopefully be in bed by 8. Last year I didn't get nearly enough sleep the night before, and I think that could help aid my speed this year.

I just feel more prepared for the double century this year. I'm actually kind of excited about it instead of feeling some sort of impending doom like I did staring into the start of last years ride. I'm trying to channel that excitedness... it's making it hard to work though, and I'm sure it's going to make it hard to sleep later.

Anyway, back to work.

No comments: