Monday, July 15, 2002

Wednesday, June 19

I guess that that whcih doesn't kill me makes me stronger, but I'm really
sore right now and i can only imagine how much more sore I'd be if I had
run further than 8 miles yesterday. People seem to be scared of the
Ironman, like it's this gargantuan thing. To me though, I can only get
glimpses of that. When I looked out on Lake Bennett a couple weeks ago,
that scared me, that was one of those glimpses. They're rare thouhg. I hope
to keep making the Ironman appear smaller and smaller.

One of the reasons I want to bike the 500 miles to Cornerstone is just
because of that. When I come ouf of the water at Ironman Moo and run to my
bike for hte next 112 mile chunk, my mind has the knowledge and my muscles
have the memory of what 500 feels like, and suddenly 112 miles looks like a
walk in the park.

The one thing I don't like about my bike is the way it handles slick or
unsteady surfaces. I ahven't wiped out yet, but I've lost control of my
bike momentarily multiple times now.

Todays 1 hour ride was exceptionally easy. I was supposed to be working at
a low heart rate, so I did the entire ride between 130 and 150 BPM, which
for me, is exceptionally low.

I need to look into the possibility of some sort of upper body
weightlifing program. I think that it would help in the water. I'm due for
bed so I should run.

No comments: