Tuesday, May 25, 2004

No cycling, but lots of film...

I have an addiction. I'm not proud of it, and I don't know that there's any sort of 12 step program for it (though being a Minnesotan, I'm sure there's one back in the homeland) Unfortunately, my wife is into this addiction as much as I am. The addiction? The 3 for $25 DVDs at Hollywood Video. If the selection sucked, my pocketbook would be happy, but making a list of things we desired the other night, there are roughly 30 or so DVDs still at the store that we desire. Meanwhile, the number of DVDs in the library ticks upward. Current count? 342. I'm thinking of repackaging all of them in slimline DVD cases to save space, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?

This week's purchases?
Open Range
Intolerable Cruelty
and
LoveActually

last week's purchases?
Levity (a surprising film with AMAZING cinematography from Roger Deacons, but then again, his cinematography is always wonderful)
The Singing Detective (which was good, but not as good as it could have been)
and
Dummy (which still might be my favorite romance of the year... any movie that has the character falling in love after learning to communicate through his ventriloquist dummy? MOVIE MAGIC. heh. It really was a decent flick. Though kind of on the quirky side. I mean, how many films feature not only a character that falls in love with his job counselor by speaking through his dummy, and Milla Jovovich as a punk rocker in a Klezmer band?)

anyway, the DVD march continues on.

Yesterday night was Colorado Springs Film Society, and though we had 12 people there, 5 of them were either related to (my wife) or the ressurectors (the other 4 of us) Hopefully we can find a way to get more people interested in coming. I need to work on marketing.

No comments: