Thursday, May 27, 2004

Yawn

NP: Over The Rhine's Show Me off of Ohio

Man, what a great song. The Ohio album was hit or miss for me, but Show Me is just one of those songs that fires on all cylinders. Over the Rhine has always been one of those bands that I enjoy shooting... camera NOT gun. Working as a staff photographer for the website at Cornerstone Festival the past few years has meant that at some point every year, I end up hanging off the side of the stage shooting photos of Linferd and Karen.

The song just ended and now something off the GlassByrd album is playing now. When I first heard Common Children back in 1995, I'd have never thought that they'd turn into a band I was actually really into. But Marc Byrd turned into a pretty great songwriter. If you've heard anything by him, you've probably heard "God of Wonders", but the rest of his body of work is as good or better.

I can't seem to get the sleep out of my eyes this morning. I suppose that's not completely abnormal, but normalyl I'm more awake than this, especially when I get 8 hours or so. Anyway, I'm working on labels for a little mini-series we're putting out around my bosses new book Lucifer's Flood It's out now through our website, but it'll be officially released this summer through Creation House Press. Enough blathering from me. Sometime today I'll post a picture of my cleaned up office space.

No comments: