Monday, June 07, 2004

Monday morning starts like any Monday morning, a long slow ride into work (because it's uphill) and timesheets. Ah the joy of timesheets. I'm working harder on trying to put together my timesheets for the week prior instead of the six month delay I once fell behind on in my timesheets. Have you ever tried to fill out six months of timesheets in one sitting? It's a BIG pain.

The ride to work was nice this morning. It's still uphill, and it was warmer today than it has been, but it's getting to be more enjoyable than it has been. Riding home is always MORE enjoyable, but why ride to work if you're not getting some satisfaction out of it. So, with my gatorade to the left of me, my WACOM table to the right, I dive in to my timesheets.

Saturday, after riding to work to fetch my cellphone, I rode down to downtown Colorado Springs and then up to the Target at Union and Academy to meet Angelina. I was surprised at how good I felt when I finished, and it makes me anxious to ride in Minnesota this weekend. To ride on flat ground with air? It's got to be wonderful. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know that I'll be some sort of "mutant cycling beast" but I've got to ride better there than I do here. Anyway, the whole ride clicked in at a little over 30 miles, so I'm getting there. I don't know that I'm in any shape to do the Triple Bypass this year, but maybe I can do the Hotter than Hell 100 in August.

I'm listening to Five Iron Frenzy's FIF2:Electric Boogaloo and it just got to Spartan, a song that I once wrote about on this blog. Man, great song. I remember driving across Minnesota on my way to TCBC's Weekend on Wheels in southern Minnesota hearing that song at about 5 in the morning. I remember how much I missed Angela that weekend. It was only two days, but being alone in a dorm room trying to psych myself up for the Ironman really made me long for Angela. Man, that was only two days. I have no idea how I ever made it for the two months that Angela was still in Minnesota before moving down here, and I feel blessed that I get to go home and see her every night.

Angela gets Shape magazine and I was digging through it on Sunday while I was cleaning the bikes. There was an article on the inside talking about triathlon and how to go about doing a sprint. At one point in the article they mention that there's no need to think of triathlon in the same category as "Extreme Triathlons" like the Ironman, and that only a very small minority of people ever complete an Ironman distance triathlon. Reading that made me feel good, although I've got SOOOO far to go before i do another one. Someday, god willing, I will though.

Anyway, back to the timesheets!

No comments: