Monday, June 21, 2004

Posts from the notebooks part 1

NP: Circle Slide by the Choir off of one of my favorite albums EVER
The Choir's Circle Slide
I remember picking up Circle Slide at a Northwestern
Bookstore near my house in Maplewood, MN. They didn't have the
greatest music selection, but it was nearby and thus the easiest place
to convince my parents to take me. I think they even bought the disc
for me. I had probably just purchased my first CD player a few months
prior since I remember lining up my CDs and thinking I was really cool
for having something around 40 discs. Now, Angela and I have over
1200.

Anyway, this is a little piece that I found in one of my notebooks. It
doesn't have any sort of ending, but I thought it was a nice
beginning...


Back packed, key in hand, and heart stilled. Trepidation was bleeding
itself away as the time to the start of the mission clicked down
moment by moment. The days previously had almost seemed to stretch.
Moving along almost languidly, and even yesterday was fairly
leisurely, but today was different. Today it seemed as ifthe clock had
gone haywire and was just freely spinning.


anyway, that's all that I wrote. I'm not sure why, and I'm not even
entirely sure when I wrote it. But it's there FWIW.

No comments: