Tuesday, March 22, 2005

morning.

I think morning always comes a bit soon, at least most of the time. Even when I set the alarm clock to ring a little later, it always ends up coming 'too soon'. Thankfully, I've gotten better at getting up even though it's 'too soon' because the alarm clock is on the other side of the room. Sorry about not posting yesterday, things are stil crazy. Tonight, I preach my first sermon at church. The funny thing is that it's on silence and I won't actually be speaking during it. We'll see how it goes. My friend Dwight, the pastor who married Angela and I mentioned when we were up at Christmas that if I ever needed a sermon, he had just the one... we'll see how it goes tonight. But preparing for that has taken a good deal of my mental energy.

Sunday night and Monday afternoon were spent cleaning so that one of Ang's coworkers and her boyfriend could come over for dinner. At 10:00, as we were wrapping up so that I could go to bed, Angela and her friend started to talk about job hunting and the conversation dived into looking through the help-wanted section which elongated their departure by 45 minutes.

I MUST ride to church tonight. I vegged out this weekend and mentally recuperated and that was a really good thing, but my body feels all sodden from not getting much exercise. It's not the end of the world.... plus this weekend we'll make up for it by hiking quite a bit out in Moab. Angela, my friend Russell and I are heading out there on Friday to do some Easter weekend camping. That too will help out in mental recuperation.

I've got some new songs to put up and maybe that's the first thing i'll do when I get to work.
In any case, that's the scoop from northern Colorado Springs

2 comments:

:) said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up about a couple of rest days. Everybody needs to unwind sometimes. At least you didn't go to Paris for a week...just joking!

Flatman

White Salamander said...

Hoping to go camping over the weekend myself or at least get in a nice long day hike.

Moab is wonderful. You are lucky to have so many great areas so close!