Friday, June 24, 2005

kickball_superstar


kickball_superstar, originally uploaded by bthemn.

First fruits. I'll post some more in a minute. In the meantime, now that I've had a chance to shoot with it, I think I need to get a wider lens. It seems pretty cool though.

I spent all morning clicking the fedex tracking website button to see if my package had made any progress beyond "On Truck For Delivery" and never saw anything change. Then, after getting busy on some other project I came back and saw that Angela had signed for the package 10 minutes earlier. Trying to reach her by phone to no avail I finished up what I was doing and took off.

In the meantime, while I was getting ready to leave, Ang was getting ready to leave and she headed off to the office to deliver the camera as I was on my way home to discover the camera. I got home to a dark, cameraless apartment. It was, I think you could imagine, quite sad. Alas, Angela showed up a few minutes later and I was able to unpack my spoils.

I love my little Olympus, but the difference between that and this camera are night and day. It did suit its purposes well though and it's going to make a swell camera for Angela over the next few years. It by no means has taken it's last shot.

1 comment:

tri-mama said...

We love our D70, but tridaddy Brian keeps looking at Nikor lenses. We use a 28X300 tamron from our film SLR and it works great-but Nikor's open another world. The only down side to the D70 is that you can't be inconspicuous taking shots-so by no means ditch the point and shoot. Have a great time at Cornerstone. Did you ever go to Sonshine?