Monday, January 21, 2008

and back to day 1...

It felt really good to be easing back into food today. Last night was a little rough. I had a salad to break the fast, but I'm guessing i ate too much of it. It sat in my gut and I had a hard time falling asleep because of it. 

This morning I woke up and didn't eat anything for a little while... after about an hour, I toasted one piece of toast, nuked an egg in a ramikin (a neat trick I learned here) and nuked a couple little pieces of ham. Threw it together with a THIN slice of cheddar and ate it slowly. I had some orange/banana/strawberry juice a little later in the morning with my multi-vitamin and then followed it up with a salad that had a little chicken in it for lunch. 

For dinner, Ang cooked up these petite steaks and chopped them up in a bowl of romaine with onion, cucumber and green pepper. Instead of dressing, I added salsa to my salad. 

I know I'm probably going a little faster on the food than I should, but I haven't had any soda or processed sugary things for the most part.) 

It's really odd not having sugar cravings. Maybe they'll come back (it has after all really only been a day), but I'm enjoying the respite while it's there.

Running on the treadmill and not worrying about overdoing it was nice tonight. I've been so fearful of doing some sort of damage that I couldn't repair while I was fasting that I was at least a little cautious when I jogged, tonight, while still not going all out, I threw in some extra sprints. Over 50 minutes I covered 3.77 miles and burned 622 calories. My average heart rate was 160 with a peak of 199, and I was in the zone for 25 of the 50 minutes. 

Tomorrow I'm going to start lifting. We'll see how that goes. I'm fully expecting to be sore. 


No comments: