Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I'm still alive! I know, I'm horrible for not having updated this yet, and I AM working on my race report. In the meantime, I thought I'd give a quick update. Training has kind of started again. I've really dived deep into some weight training and sprint workouts for hte first part of this next phase. I just realized that I'm not strong enough and that the extra layers of stuff that isn't fat that I have aren't going to go away with just cardio work. Thus, off to the weight room for moi.

went and did my weight workout today only to run into two people doing the one thing that drives me up the wall: sitting on the machines between sets. First things first I hve to wait for the leg press machine because some high school kid is sitting on the machine, then this guy who I see on the Tricep pull machine isn't leaving. The guy sits there for two minutes, does a set. Sits there again, gets up changes the grip and does another set. Reapt ad nauseum for 20 minutes. I finish the rest of my workout (reluctantly because I like to do it in the same order) and he's still sitting on the tricep machine. After several glances from me, he asks if I need to use it. I kind of nod and he lets me know... "yeah, slip in, but know I'm not done yet"

now that I'm here I want to get my two extended sets in and two unextended sets in. I do them back to back with dropped weight between the first and second sets and he comes up in the middle asking if I'm done... very impatiently... telling me that he DID let me squeeze in and that I should squeeze out just as fast. I grunt that I'm almost done and he leaves me alone, pacing around the weight room. ERGH.

anyway, that was today. I did however meet a really nice old guy in the locker-room that I talked to about IronMoo for a couple minutes. Turns out Dick Beardsley used to run a farm for him that he owned. Kinda cool.

No comments: