Tuesday, October 15, 2002

more running today. The way things are right now, I do a heavy lift on Monday and Friday, a supplementary lift on Wednesdays and windsprint type running on the treadmills Tuesday and Thursday. I think the running is actually the most painful part of this whole thing. Pushing anaerobic threshold for as long as you can is a little painful. Then back off and do it again and again and again. Varying the pitch a little bit each time to make it harder or easier. At the peak I was doing a 10mph sprint at a 10 degree pitch. It hurt. A lot. Afterwards it was off to the pool again. It's become a sort of Zen-like thing to head down to the pool after my workouts. Just swimming a few laps working on form and then soaking in the hot tub for a few minutes can completely make my day.

I ran home afterwards to get ready for the bible study I lead. We moved from the church we usually do it at since it's not a big Young Adult group anymore and this was the first week at Casa Behm. I've come to the realization that there are no copy machines at all on the route between the fitness club and home. Oh well, we made do. Made up a protein shake with flaxseed oil for the first time. (I was happy that the flaxseed oil was fairly taste and odorless) and drank the protein shake as quickly as I could. Though, let it be said that GNCs Mega Whey Berry Extraordinary is miles beyond the MegaWhey vanilla.

After bible study we headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings and they had Fox Sports Channel on. Jim Rome's show comes on and who's on it? LANCE ARMSTRONG! And no sound or closed captioning! It was so frustrating seeing the show and not being able to hear what they were talking about. Did anyone happen to tape it for some odd reason? I really want to hear what Charles Barkley and Johnny Bench had to say about Lance.

No comments: