Wednesday, June 16, 2004

More Gmail

I'm still just getting into Gmail, but I'm becoming more impressed by
it. I really dig the conversation threading that it created. Instead
of opening individual e-mails, you open a 'conversation' that shows
all of the e-mails in a thread in one web page so that you don't have
to keep clicking. If you want to reply to something, you click reply
under the e-mail you want to reply to and it automatically opens a
reply area right inside the page so that once again you don't need to
leave the page. Once you're done writing your e-mail, you click send,
and the little input area of the page disappears and your new message
appears at the bottom of the thread. It can also automatically
hide/show quoting so that you don't have to wade through old quotes.

Anyway, I'm pretty impressed, at least much more so than I ever
thought I'd be. I can see Gmail catching on quite a bit once it's
officially released.

Must do timesheet(s) today. Thankfully it should be relatively easy. More later.

No comments: