Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Getting back into the thick of things...

It's always a pain getting everything caught up from being out of the office for a couple of days and today, thankfully or not, is about the same. Ang and I ended up getting home at about 10:00 last night and falling flat on the bed. This means that the Santa Fe didn't get unloaded, but also meant that our apartment got to remain clean for one more day before being messed up with a SUVfull of stuff that we're not entirely sure we have a place for.

One of the things I was excited about doing over the weekend was getting at least a little bit of riding in so that I could appreciate the terrain and abundance of oxygen. I thought that it would be easier to ride, and in a way it was, but the main difference was in how wattage could be applied. Like I said, i was surprised that the heart rate was the same, it didn't go down. But I could in general go a few miles an hour faster. I'm not sure whether this is just because of terrain or because of atmosphere. My thought is that is has more to do with terrain because I seem to remember having about the same level of performance back when I lived in Minnesota. No matter what though, it was nice riding back home, and it reminded me of how much I like my Fuji Team. The mountain bike I bought is nice, but the shifting of my Ultegra components is buttery smooth.

Back to work, I've got timesheets and other stuff to finish, but maybe I'll post some journal entries that I found in one of my notebooks a little later.

No comments: