Sunday, September 05, 2004

Prayer request...

just talked to one of my coworkers. The conference we were going to be
putting on next Friday is off indefinitely. The roof of the church
we're connected with in West Palm Beach was completely ripped off and
the building's been condemmed. In addition, we've got at least
$100,000 worth of studio equipment in the building. Cameras,
switchers, production lights, monitors... oh well, thankfully it's
insured if it turns out to be completely destroyed (which is what I'm
guessing). My bosses house, while surviving, didn't completely stay in
one piece. The enclosure over their pool was ripped off, some of their
hurricane shutters were destroyed and they lost their grapefruit tree.
I don't know if any windows blew in yet.

This storm moved so slowly that it kept 100+ mile an hour winds in the
area for over 40 hours. I don't know whether I'm still going down
there next week, though I'd like to. I guess part of it's voyeuristic,
but I'd really like to be there to help. Who knows if that's going to
happen. More later as I find stuff out.

No comments: