Wednesday, April 06, 2005

And I shall call it...


, originally uploaded by bthemn.

I never really thought my bike needed a name. She performed really well and that was all I thought I could hope for. That all changed today...

I brought my up until this day nameless bike to the local shop near work this morning to get my wheels trued and the rest of the bike tuned up a bit and when I went back to pick it up this afternoon had an epiphany...

Riding around the parking lot, the bike was performing magnificently and I thought, at the price the bike came at what it's held up through "I can't believe it's not Buttah!" (Tri-Geek Kahuna's new bike) So my bike now has a name...

Ladies and Gentlemen... I announce to you "I Can't Believe it's Not Buttah!". Weighing in somewhere south of 20lbs, this bouncing baby bike has been through one Ironman and lots and lots of regular miles performing flawlessly. She likes long walks on the beach and guys who can cook. (err, wait a minute... wrong entry)

Anyway, thanks for the name Kahuna!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

HA!!! Pretty clever!

Very pretty, too. I've heard so much about tri bikes vs. road bikes and I just can't make up my mind. Tri-bikes cost a lot more it seems, so that's a check in the no column, and road bikes are more compfortable (another check). We'll see, hope you don't mind but I'll be picking your brain come check-book time!

:) said...

Sweet bike! I really need to get a forward seat post like yours. I think it will really help my aero postioning...here's hoping.

White Salamander said...

Very creative with the name. The appears to fantastic.