Friday, June 10, 2005

one last thing before bed...

In just a few hours, I'll mark my return to long distance riding. It's been over two years since I've rolled over the 100 mark on my odometer and I haven't ridden that far in Colorado at all. I'm not sure what to expect. I mean, I know what to expect because I've done the distance many times, but just not here. The elevation of the course peaks at about 8000 ft tomorrow, something I've ridden above quite a bit. But it's fairly open desert territory so that's what spooks me just a little bit. My fingers are crossed that the weather is good. I've got a good mix CD put together for the drive down and a good friend to ride the course with so with my fingers crossed, I'll be having a celebratory glass of wine sometime around 2 or 3:00 tomorrow (depending on wind and how many stops). Blogging and photos to resume tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Have an awesome ride! 100 miles, wow...how exciting!!!