Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day 14 wrap up

crisis averted. I had a nice glass of pineapple juice and quite a bit of water. heh. I tipped well, mostly because I felt a little guilty. My friend Dave mentioned something that he's been experiencing during his fast though. He feels like God has really been impressing on him to put 'Him First'. So as he was feeling a little guilty as well on his way over, he came back to this thought about God being first... and how even if he was uncomfortable and felt bad that he wouldn't be ordering something and annoying the waitress with a 'cheap table', that that was what he had to sacrifice to put God first. I guess I can relate to that. 

Thanks to Nate for encouraging me to 'sleep on it' with regards to breaking the fast. Those were the key words to kind of get me over the hump. 

26 days to go. I need to take them one at a time. Just like in the Ironman, you can't focus on the end goal, you have to focus on finishing the first task in front of you. Maybe I needed to learn that lesson again. 

More tomorrow. 

No comments: