Sunday, January 06, 2008

Day 11

After a pretty restful day watching movies yesterday (we did a marathon at the discount theater, seeing Across the Universe, Dan In Real Life, Bella and Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium), it's off to another Sunday morning at work. 

236 this morning. This morning's passage from My Utmost talked about giving the Blessing God has given you whenever he blesses you. I hope that I do that with the design talents I have. I think that I struggle with working at a church sometimes. It's not particularly where I wanted to be, but it was a job that was there as I was being laid off from another job and it really was a blessing that I got a raise and just a weekend layoff before I started the new gig. I struggle with whether or not I'm a 'member' of a the church I work at and whether that means that I tithe my salary back to the church. Which just goes to say that I have a hard time with blessing. Is it giving back to God that I use my skills professionally?  I imagine that sometimes it is. I don't think that that's as far as it goes though. I think it goes much, much further than that. I also think that I'm a long ways from properly understanding that. 

Off to work. More later. 

1 comment:

Comm's said...

I struggle with that too B. There are years I have consistently gave 10% and recently that has not been the case with all money going to medical bills.

In lieu I have started to donate my time more than my money working with outreach and community events.

Christ see's our intent in our heart and our actions. I know plenty of people who claim to be Christian and let lead an unholy live, and non-believers in any religion have the biggest heart in the world for the less fortunate.