Thursday, June 30, 2005

Ouch

It would be a common misconception to think that I wasn't getting any training this week but that would be far from the case. Every day there's a brick... ride somewhere, walk somewhere, ride somewhere, walk somewhere. This combination becomes trickier as the sun begins to set and tonight I performed my very first endo with my thousand-some dollar camera around my neck. Riding back from the mainstage I took a shortcut down a path that heads towards the quad area without riding all the way up to the main street that winds around the grounds. I have a flashlight in my mouth so it's not like I'm invisible, but some guy apparently wasn't watching and walked his shoulder into my solar plexus.

Surprisingly, my life didn't flash before my eyes.... my camera's life did. It survived, but I was a bit worried for a moment. My body, for the most part is ok but I've got a few scratches and things that I'm assuming are going to ache momentarily.

More photos in a bit but I've got to wait for my SLOOOOW USB card reader to suck up a gigabyte worth of images. (10 minutes in and it's halfway downloaded)

In the meantime head over to Steve's blog for some photos

No comments: