Wednesday, December 28, 2005

putting the flabby in flabbyironman...

The local Y is having a little incentive program right now tied into football season. Every time you come in, you mark off 5 yards on a little football field sheet and indicate what you did that day. It's been going since the beginning of last month, but it was a little surprising to realize that my last entry was Nov 30. I can't believe it's been that long. Oh well, that will change... the holidays are done for the most part, so I'll be back to my regular 4-5 days a week at the Y until cycling season starts... even then I'll be pretty gym focused until later in the spring.

Ang and I picked up the Sin City Special Edition DVD set tonight so that we could show it at our New Years Party on Saturday. I'm not a giant fan of the movie, but Robert Rodriguez is a great teacher. If you want to learn film-making, the DVDs he puts out are a great place to start. Every DVD he does something called the "Ten Minute Film School". On the Once Upon a Time in Mexico DVD he started the "Ten Minute Cooking School" with a pretty wicked recipe for Puerco Pibil. We made that last year on New Years and I think I might make it again. It's pretty wicked wrapped up in a tortilla shell with some grilled peppers.

Anyway, I think we were more excited about picking up the Sin City Box for the 2nd 10 Minute Cooking School installment. This time it was a recipe for homemade tortillas and breakfast tacos. I think I might need to make them sometime soon.

We also picked up Godzilla: Final Wars. We showed a Godzilla flick last year, and I thought it would be cool to show the FINAL Godzilla flick this year.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get busy on a couple of little projects I need to do to get the apartment ready for Saturday. I'm going to maybe build a new entertainment center for the TV, hang a shelf for a projector from work and string a sheet up for a temporary screen. Hopefully that will make the living room a little more viewing friendly. I'll take some pictures when I'm
done.

My sister and brother in law took off for India this morning. They're spending a couple of weeks helping out at an "American Restaurant". Here's
a little story
about the place they're going to be working.

More in the morning.

1 comment:

Comm's said...

I admire your tenacity to host a new years party. I barely stay awake for the stroke of 12 now.

Just the ability of people in general who have a theme involved in the party other than getting s-faced is more than my capacity.