Friday, April 15, 2005

Ah the joys of wind.

Some examples...

Example 1

Riding down to church Tuesday night I clocked 16miles in just under 58minutes. This time included about 10 minutes of traffic lights. 48 minutes times 16 miles equals right around 20 miles an hour. Not a bad rate for the course.

Example 2

Climbing to the office this morning I battled a headwind a good chunk of the way. I also took a route that climbed up before coasting down. Coasting down is great when you can do it, but when the wind kicks in and coasting down becomes pedaling down what's the point? 9.6 miles in 54 minutes with only two very short lights. Quelle Horreur!

The ride with climbing should take 40 minutes give or take a couple. So, with this mornings noxious wind I added an extra 14 minutes to the ride. Depressing, but I suppose it could be worse.

1 comment:

:) said...

It can always be worse...at least you didn't have a flat. The last flat I had in wind like that kept blowing my tools away from me and blew my bike over too!

Sucky-sucky.