Monday, April 11, 2005

Kudos to Profile Design!

About a week ago I sent a customer service request on the Profile Design webpage and never heard back. I had forgotten about the submission because I'd been busy with other things, but while picking up some stuff at WalMart today I got a phone call from them. The Customer Service Representative wanted to let me know that since they had upgraded the brackets for the pads and thus were going to send me brand new brackets for my aerobars along with some spare pins and springs (I was riding outside of town on a bumpy road and the pin vibrated out of my right bracket sending the pad, pin and spring flying. I retrieved the pin and pad but couldn't for the life of me find the spring). I just thought it was really cool that Profile is stepping up to the plate like this. I can assure you that they're going to get more of my business

1 comment:

White Salamander said...

Its so nice to hear of some actually getting some customer service in this day in age. And kudos to you for giving them a plug and thus encouraging good continuing service on their part.