Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 1

So, Angela and I agreed that my fast is starting today. I've been weaning myself off food the past few days and while I thought yesterday was the start day, I was stymied by the bag of movie theater popcorn sitting in the car. It's so good! So, knowing that we've agreed today is the day, all of the candy and miscellaneous holiday foods will be bagged up and put away when we get home.

So far, my hunger's ok, but it IS only 9:16. We'll see what I feel like this afternoon. I haven't had HUGE hunger pangs lately, so hopefully that will continue. I'm hoping that what I've read is true and that by Sunday (day 4), my stomach will have shut down and the hunger is gone. That would be nice, mostly because Sunday is my Monday and I have a regular work day.

I have a book that I got as a gift from one of the Men's Life facilitators (the mens group I film Tuesday mornings) called 'The Pursuit of Holyness' by Jerry Bridges. I think that will be my first 'meal book'. If I can't eat, I need to be doing something that's focused on the rationale behind the fast... and maybe working my way through a few of those types of books will be helpful.

We'll see how my energy level is, but I'm also planning to walk in the evening when I can, using the treadmill in our exercise room. We'll also see whether or not I can handle watching the Food network, the channel Ang and I probably watch the most.

Starting weight today, 248.

No comments: