Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 2

starting weight. 244. (which I know is all water)

I'm kind of surprised that I haven't been more hungry. I guess the weaning the past week or so has helped. No caffeine withdrawal headaches yet. I think the caffeine reduction I've tried to do over the past year has helped.

Picked up a bunch of different juices on the way home from work last night... along with some vegetable and chicken broth. I had some of the vegetable broth last night. I don't know what was in it, but it was one of the only things I've ever drank that's induced the gag reflex. Since I couldn't finish the vegetable broth I had part of a can of tomato juice (12oz can, probably drank 10oz). That started out good, but by the end, that too was making me a little sick. I put the unfinished can in the fridge to finish at some point today. I drank a little chaser of orange juice as Ang and I watched a Takahi Miike film called "The Great Yokai War".... review to follow.


I need to finish watching the last chunk of the film today. I fell asleep sometime in the third act. I'm not sure if that was because of a lack of sleep or a lack of calories. I guess we'll determine more as time goes on.

This morning I'm sipping on a pint glass of grape juice.

The only other difficult thing yesterday was that someone cooked microwave popcorn in the building. Thankfully I didn't smell it until I got out to the main part of the building (the video offices are pretty secluded) but it's still a smell that's always driven me into submission. I inhaled a couple pretty good wiffs and savored them. But that was all.

I don't know if I'll make it all 40 days. I've heard that when hunger returns after it disappears after the third day it's time to stop. I'll listen to my body. I'm also going to schedule a doctors appointment for the mid-point, just to make sure I'm getting all of the electrolytes I need.

More later.
Brian

No comments: