Saturday, March 19, 2005

blah

I can't get motivated. I'm sitting here at the computer reading the news and goofing off and I can't pull myself out of the chair to do something productive. Something must be done.

I've got a couple of more songs for the workout disc to post but I'm just feeling very fried and am kind of vegging out right now. I was at work designing this leave-behind book that had to be done for Monday and I was having issues with our printer... (though of course it looks nothing like a printer, it's a rather large digital copier with a fiery box strapped to the side of it so that 'I' can use it as a printer and everyone else can use it as a copier)

Anyway, I was running the job and you have to make a temperature adjustment when you're running heavy paper. The problem with this is that when you raise the temperature of the fuser, you're likely to overheat it which requires you to take the fuser assembly apart and click a reset button. Somehow when the copier overheated I couldn't find my screwdriver so it added an extra half hour of running around the office trying to find what I needed. UGH. Eventually a coworker walked me through over the phone where he had last seen a screwdriver and I was back up and running.

I finally got home around 10 yesterday night. Eight Thirty to Nine-something days aren't the type of thing I enjoy, but we're a startup... that's what you do <-- or at least that's what the creative staff (me) has to do to get things done... everyone else goes home (but that's another story)

What that all boils down to though is that I'm beyond fried. I should go out and ride, but the apartment is a pit, I have another project I promised I'd help a friend with.

Add in film society next Friday (which I stupidly haven't even sent an announcement about yet) and Easter... ugh.

Things will be fine. Just take things step by step.

2 comments:

Comm's said...

It's okay to take time for priotity's. Symptoms of Common Man Syndrome while easy to spot are sometimes confused as CMS and not what they really are...more important things right now.

Every day I meditate in the morning on all the things that I must get done that day, workout included. Then I focus on getting the most important thing done first. If you focus on low priority, more comfortable tasks then CMS applies.

Don't beat yourself up FI. Sounds like your prioritys this weekend are dinner, work project, clean apt, train, shave, buy flip flops.

Tracy said...

Some days are just like that - there will probably be more with the weather changing over ( I know, way to be a pal with the positive, eh!?).

But, like most transitional periods, it won't last forever and you'll be back in your groove.