Tuesday, March 15, 2005

scrawlings before bed

I'll post something longer in the morning. I'm a bit tired.

To channel Wil...

Mind: Hey, it's sunny and not warm, but not cold either! Maybe I could ride?

Body: No. It snowed this morning, the trail is going to be nasty, you really don't want to ride.

Mind: But it'll be fun! It's a ride!

at the same time the mind is having an argument with itself...

I should ride...

but I don't want to ride, it could be nastily cold...

but you haven't exercised today and you like those chocolate chip cookies you made a bit much...

yeah, I know.. plus I had a Sausage McMuffin for breakfast. But I only had a can of soup the rest of the day!

It doesn't matter, you should get out and do it anyway, you'll feel better if you do...

but it's cold and I'd rather blog!

Body: I feel ok, if you guys want to go I'll go

Minds and Body: Fine.

It wasn't the worst ride in the world. There were only two places I needed to stop because there was snow or ice on a hill that I didn't have enough momentum to get up, plus I stopped to take that picture of the Peak and once more to chip snow out of my shoes so I could clip in again.

But it was a bit cooler than I like to ride, and because I didn't have my booties, my cycling shoes had my toes FREEZING. My feet were fine, but my toes couldn't move for the first few minutes of being out of the shoes. (Ok, they could move, but not very well).

The annoying thing was the driver that gave me my first epithet of the year. I was turning left and in the left hand turn lane downtown, no traffic around at all except for this truck across the intersection. The light turned green and for whatever reason, he didn't go. Since he wasn't moving, I went. That's when he decided to let me know that "I wasn't an F-ing Car". It's nice to know because I wasn't aware that I was anything other than a car. Maybe I need to start making engine revving noises at the intersections I'm forced to stop at.

There he goes, there goes Speedracer!

Anyway, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard but wanted to check in. I had 34 hits today, that might be the most I've ever logged in a day here. Thanks so much for reading me. I'm far, far away from Trigeeks 10000 hits, but I'll get there eventually. Heck, I'm going to declare that EVERYONE in the Triathlete Alliance will hit that mark, though my guess is that Wil might hit it before everyone else if only because she'd win the Triathlete Alliance beauty pageant. Can I get Mr. Congeniality?

4 comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

My friend, you get the coveted sash and crown for two reasons.

1. This is hilarious: "That's when he decided to let me know that "I wasn't an F-ing Car". It's nice to know because I wasn't aware that I was anything other than a car. Maybe I need to start making engine revving noises at the intersections I'm forced to stop at."

2. Holy cow you got out there in the snow and related mess!

Now wipe your tears and wave to everyone with a Nutbolt-style Colgate smile.

Comm's said...

Snow...whats that?

I got sunburned driving to work this morning..

I need to get more sunblock.

Flabbyironman said...

Thankfully, the snow leaves as quickly as it comes. I don't know that I could handle temps in the 100s day after day, it doesn't get that hot here, but in the winter we still average temps in the 50s which isn't so bad.