Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Mr. Incredible Moment...

I wish it were a heroic moment, but no.. it's just more of a "How Flabby ARE YOU FlabbyIronman?" type moment. Imagine the scene in the Incribles with Mr. Incredible trying to fit into his Superhero costume after all those years, now replace Mr. Incredible with me getting into my wetsuit (Quintana Roo bib-wetsuit with Open Arms). Wetsuits are a pain to get into ANYWAY, but I can't get the zipper closed. Don't ask why I'm doing this right now with any open water swims still two months off, it has everything to do with procrastination from cleaning... So, I'm sitting here writing this in my wetsuit with the zipper open. I might try again in a minute, but it shows that I still probably have to lose a few more pounds. UGH

UPDATED...

Just tried again and I'm in! I'm guessing it was mostly the zipper. I'm now feeling like a superhero again. I think one of the reasons people get into cycling is to be able to dress up like a superhero. Maybe one of the reasons they get into Triathlon is being able to take it one step furthure and wear rubber!

2 comments:

Comm's said...

oh that Incredibles analogy paints such a perfect picture. It never fails before a race or group training I try on all these different types of shirts to see which one makes me look less fat. Do I go with the loose large or the fitted XL? When I start to sweat will it make me look bad? I tried on a bike shirt that had a six inch zipper in the front and I thought I looked like I a girl hitting puberty. Cant wait to shop for tri tops.

Oh good Lord that Mr. Incredible in one drawn scene summarized several minutes of my life each week.

Tracy said...

Oh, so perfect. Of course we had to be in the theater opening day with our two preschoolers for this flick, and I remember that scene as being one of my favorites. So good visuals for the post!

I can recall many a time trying to get as flat and airless as possible trying to zip jeans (stupid fruit snacks addiction), so I hear ya! Hey, sometimes bodies just need to be convinced that they really do fit into these clothes!