Saturday, March 19, 2005

I don't feel quite so bad now...

that I've been outside and realized that it's just not very pleasent at all out there. We still have to go out to have dinner with the guy who does all our printing tonight, but standing out on the porch futzing with my rear water bottle cage (Ang accidentally tipped over my road bike a couple weeks ago and one of my behind the seat water bottle cages shattered.) today nearly froze my bare feet. I know what you're saying... "WHY WERE YOU OUT THERE IN YOUR BARE FEET!?" and the simple answer to that question is that I inherited the bad habit from my Grandpa. He'd always be walking outside in the snow to get the mail barefoot and it kind of got absorbed into me.

Back when I lived in Minnesota, my neighbor saw me go get the mail barefoot one day and decided to see how long he could get me to stand there talking to him. After 10 minutes in the snowcovered drive way, he gave up and hustled back to his warm house.

I have a habit of picking things up with my feet that I inherited from Grandpa Gilbertson too, but it's mostly the walking barefoot thing that carried over.

The nice thing I discovered about the shattered water bottle cage is that it's a standard mount. In theory I should be able to order a replacement Profile cage for under $10 and be back up and running. I've got one of my old cages on the mount now and it just doesn't look right.

Off to the shower to perform the weekly shave... then put away some clothes and find something warm.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh, this is a seriously major difference between us. I can't go barefoot anywhere, I don't know why, but I swear it's genetic because my mom is the same way. I even sleep in socks!

It's funny, I do the whole girly nailpolish thing, etc. and then put on socks...and yes, I do catch no end of hell about it.

Of course I'm not galactically fashion inept, I wouldn't wear socks with a fancy dress or anything (but they'd be the first thing I put on when I got home!)