Sunday, March 13, 2005

A new member of the Alliance!

It's snowing here in Colorado Springs and flabbyironman has succumbed to Common Man Syndrome for the day. In his procrastination from cleaning the apartment, he did what he normally always does with his procrastination time for the day surf the web reading the news and tristuff.

Over at Tri Geek Dreams today there was a comment from Wil in a discussion about whether it's better to dive into Triathlon after you're married. I followed her profile link over to Through The Wall and was pleasently surprised to find some wonderful writing about training.

A Tri-Life lesson from her site...

Tri-Life Lessons

Well, crashing is never fun, and having fallen on my face several times throughout the course of my life, I’ve learned that there’s something to be said for living with a mouth full of dirt…spitting mud is inevitably better than spitting blood, especially when falling in the first place is the result of my own carelessness.

So, I guess that putting up with the grains of sand crunching between my teeth for an eon up the road is just the price I have to pay for the mercy of the trade off. Maybe that’s the real meaning of, “grit your teeth” and bear it - clever, in a kind of kick in the head sort of way…but OK. So just get back on the bike.

I will get where I’m going eventually, and at least it looks like I’m on the right path now. 15, 25, 56, 112...the miles don't go on forever. I just have to slow down a little bit and watch for what’s up ahead. Low branches go for the throat, and hitting them at a fast pace is usually a race ender… to say the least.

Relax, I'll tell myself, covering this kind of ground is always a pain in the ass.


Welcome to the Alliance Wil!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Wow, thanks! I'm excited to be included and appreciate the link! I have a lot to learn, and it looks like I'm in the right place with all of the resident expertise. You guys are great, thanks again!