Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Day 6

I've had temptations to eat over these first few days, but being at a party yesterday night was one of the tougher things I've done. I really wanted to reach in and grab a potato chip or make a chili dog. Instead, I was sipping on my vitamin water and then regular water refills. 

My legs are a LITTLE sore from yesterday, but nothing so great that I shouldn't be able to WALK on the treadmill today. Emphasis on the walk. I'm going to try really hard not to jog. 

This morning's weight. 239. I was curious to see what would happen this morning since I drank MUCH more water yesterday than I had in the past days. Mostly because I felt a little scratch in my throat that I wasn't sure was dehydration or a cold. I'm still not sure what it was, but it was gone by yesterday night and hasn't appeared this morning. 

I'm not sure that I trust the body fat percentage thing on the scale. Today, it said 26. Although, I think that might be closer to the mark. I guess we'll keep looking at the number and see what happens to it. 

I'm going to finish my book on fasting in a few minutes and start on Francis Schaeffer's The God Who Isn't There. A friend also recommended reciting the Psalms to myself as well during this fast. I think that's probably worth doing. 

1 comment:

Nathan, Erin & Oliver said...

If you were retaining water, drinking more water would trigger your body to release the retained water, causing your weight to drop from the water loss, so that doesn't really surprise me.

As for me on my day 1, anything but water is making me nauseated. Ugh.