Friday, January 04, 2008

Day 9 pt 1

ok. this is the third attempt I've made at writing this. I've been trying to figure out how to post audio files from box.net. Previewing it, it looks like it's working now. huzzah.

As I was driving to work this morning to put out a little fire, I was listening to a Dave Ramsey Show podcast I started yesterday and didn't finish. He came back from a break with a quote of the day from Stephen King. King wrote, "Talent is worth as much as table salt." Dave expounded on it and talked about how, while it didn't hurt to have talent, discipline and work were more important. He gave an equation, "Diligence = Discipline + Excellence over an extended period of time".

That's my mediation. How do I get to that point in my spiritual, physical and work life. I've got the referenced piece of audio below.

Weight this morning was 237. That means that I'm now at what I was at when I started working the current job. It's just kind of interesting. Had some apple juice with my multivitamin this morning and some pineapple juice on the way back from work. It's probably about time for some sort of liquid (in addition to water).

I'm really hoping that the gastrointestinal issues I've been experiencing go away, but I'm guessing that because of the fruit juice in my diet they won't until this fast ends.

I've got more to write, but Ang and I have some things to take care of in the apartment. More later... including my initial breakdown between what I've experienced and what I initially read from the detox sites. Call it a smack down if you must. heh.




No comments: